Tuesday 12 February 2019

Tarot on my Bookshelf: Firsts, last and in-between

These past two weeks i've been floating about having a tidy up of cupboards, drawers and bookshelves.  I never really plan these type of sessions, they're more of a spontaneous thing that happens a few times in the year as the mood strikes.

This morning after a sort through of the tea and coffee cabinet in the kitchen I drifted upstairs to take a look at the "cabinet of wonder" as it's known to me.  This is the large corner cabinet that houses my tarot decks and books, paper crafting, colouring and painting paraphernalia.  It opens up and I can sit inside and busy myself for hours.  I resisted the urge to pull it all out in one go and instead went through it shelf by shelf which is much more manageable.  A slight drawback to sorting through things in this cupboard is the ability to become distracted by the contents 😆

Photo  by Karen Wiederhold
Here's the family of Tarot books that lives inside the "cabinet of wonder". I snapped a quick picture before putting them back in after rearranging the shelf.

My first Tarot book came with the Celtic Tarot by Courtney Davis and was written by Helena Paterson which was also my first ever Tarot deck, bought in 1995. It's not part of the pile here because its safe and sound in its box along with the deck.

My second book on Tarot was unfortunately lost to me because a friend who borrowed it never returned it, which is such a pity.  I can't for the life of me recall the author or the title.  I never did get it back before we relocated from South Africa.

My third book, which you see at the very top of the pile, was The How To Read the Tarot by Sylvia Abraham bought,  back in 1998.

Right beneath it is Tarot, Your Personal Guide by Steven Bright 2018, the last Tarot book i've bought to date.  After reading it I shared with Steven that I wished i'd had his book as a beginner back in 1995.  If you're just starting out with Tarot as a beginner or know someone who is,  I recommend both it and Learning the Tarot by Joan Bunning.


If you fancy sharing your first book/s or your book collection i'd love to see them.  There's some pre-existing tags over in the usual places. ( #tarotbookshelf #tarotbooks #myfirsttarotbook #tarot )



No comments:

Post a Comment