Saturday 18 August 2018

Exploring the Deviant Moon Tarot: Bonding and Outcome.

Deviant Moon Tarot by Patrick Valenza
I was quite surprised coming back on here to write this post how long it's been since I last wrote about my progress with the DMT.  Rather a lot has gone on in the last two months.  First of these was the final stages of planning for the TABI Conference 2018, then the conference itself which was wonderful (more about that in another post soon) and then a week long family visit from the USA hot on the heels of the conference.

A few people have asked me how i've been getting on with my process of getting to know the Deviant Moon Tarot but more importantly how i've found working through my "heebie jeebie" feelings about some of the images.  As i've mentioned previously, the "heebie jeebies" about some of the cards is what led me to selling my first copy of the deck almost two years ago.

I can honestly say that I have overcome the "heebie jeebies" (apart from one card with personal and understandable reasons which i'll go into another time).  I have developed a great fondness for the deck as a whole and really do enjoy working with it now.  One of the things that helped me was the absolutely amazing book about the Deviant Moon Tarot by Patrick Valenza.   I recommend to anyone who is unsure about this deck that purchasing the book is a must - although it is a considered purchase I understand that, but well worth it.

Now those eagle-eyed among you have probably noticed on looking at the image above, that i've edged the deck.  This was the final part of the process for me and a mark of respect to the deck itself, the creator and the process we (the deck and I) undertook.  By inking the edges the deck has become mine to keep.  It's an acknowledgement of it's role in my life as a deck that I will continue to explore and which allow me to probe and understand my feelings about some life experiences which have left an impression on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment