Saturday 27 June 2020

Personal Tarot Practice - Thanking, Honouring and Readiness

A conversation with a friend yesterday about the decks I use for reading and what I do with them once I have finished prompted me to share my personal practice that I like to do after each session or day of readings.  Others may call this a ritual or cleansing; cleansing is not something I feel describes what I do or what I feel is necessary.

I like to thank the cards and my guides and helpers for their guidance and to also honour the clients who came for a reading and who shared a little of themselves with me in our time together.  It’s also a way for me to send out healing thoughts for them as they move forward in their lives and to ready the decks for the next time I use them for readings.

My most used decks for reading with clients are the Radiant Rider Waite and the Universal Waite which are both shown here.  They travel to and from readings in their pouches which were made by me, and remain in them when I return home until it’s time for thanking, honouring and readiness.

The decks and the pouches are laid down on my sacred space* with a candle between them and a flower or leaf placed on top of each deck.  Sometimes there are more than two decks in which case I arrange them around the candle like the petals of a flower.  I light incense and say a few words for thanks and healing, and leave them undisturbed.  Once the candle has burned out I take the flowers, or leaves, with the ashes from the incense and return them to the garden. The decks are each put back in order and returned to their pouches ready for their next readings. 

It’s important to mention that I don't do this between each client during a reading session because we’d be there all day, however I do carry out a short and simple practice between each reading in readiness for the next client.

This thanking, honouring and readiness practice came about as a way for me to bring readings to a close at the end of the day in a way that feels personal, practical and special.

If you’d like to try or adapt what I’ve shared here for yourself you are welcome and i’d love to hear your experiences if you’d like to share them.  By sharing my post -reading practice here it is not me saying this is what must be done, or how it should be done, or that you should have a practice.  Personal practices should be just that, personal to what works for you and what honours your work and your spiritual connection.

With love,
Karen x

* I’ve not shown my entire sacred space as this remains private.


#kaleidoscopewellbeingandtarot #kaleidoscopetarot #tarotpractices #tarotrituals #radiantriderwaitetarot #universalwaitetarot #usgames

No comments:

Post a Comment