Wednesday 29 January 2020

Deck Unboxing: The Enchanted Blossoms Oracle

For my birthday in December, I received this deck The Enchanted Blossoms Oracle.  I had seen it in Starchild in Glastonbury while visiting for The Frost Fayre earlier in November.  I purchased it with early birthday money and squirreled it away until the actual day. 
The Enchanted Blossoms Oracle is created by Carla Morrow and published by Blue Angel Publishing.
The deck of 44 cards and 107 page guidebook are housed in a sturdy box measuring 17cm x 12.5cm.  The cards themselves measure 14cm x 8.2cm - card stock lovers will enjoy the quality and feel of these cards.

The Enchanted Blossoms Oracle is a beautiful and unusual deck with a romantic Victorian atmosphere.  Each card is illustrated with a painting of a flower and accompanied by a butterfly, which on closer inspection we see is an enchanting little dragon.  

The cards are bordered with a lovely antique style frame, completed by a keyword message and the names of the plant/flower and the accompanying butterfly.  The flowers have been chosen based on their meaning in the Language of Flowers Dictionary.  The guidebook has a short history for each flower, an interpretation of the message, and questions for us to ponder encouraging a better understanding of what it means to us personally.

Here are some photographs of a few of the cards so you get a feel for the deck.  If you have a fondness for butterflies and flowers like I do, or perhaps would like to learn the names of flowers and butterflies in general, then you will enjoy and have pleasure in this deck.





2 comments:

  1. Its lovely!! Also, Im so happy to find your blog! Its such a great idea to blog about decks. I am not a video content creator bc being on camera (even just my hands!) is just too stressful for me, I have discovered. i am MUCH more comfortable expressing mysef in written form. i always have been that way. you have inspired me today. thank you!
    ~Hanna Konda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i'm so happy you found my blog :-) I definitely prefer blogging to doing videos - I get all twitchy just thinking about it LOL Do you have a blog set up, i'd love to subscribe so let me know xx

      Delete