Thursday 2 May 2019

The Pre-Raphaelite Tarot

The Pre-Rapahaelite Tarot
Lo Scarabeo
Photo by ©Karen Wiederhold
I'm delighted to add this deck to my collection.  I have a fondness for Pre-Raphaelite art and also enjoy the work of artist Giuliano Costa who also created the Mystical Tarot (another favourite of mine) so this deck is a real treat for me.

There is so much detail and symbolism in each card and I enjoy noticing the little details which aren't always what they seem at first glance or those which appear in a different way in another card.

The artwork on the backs of the cards make these my most favourite of all.  They are not reversable which may bother some but to be honest that never features in my mind as a concern, and I do read reversals.  The image is so detailed, with a large percentage of it in mirror image, that the difference doesn't immediately stand out.

It's a lovely deck and one i'll receive a great amount of pleasure from.

The Pre-Rapahaelite Tarot
Lo Scarabeo
Photo by ©Karen Wiederhold

The Pre-Rapahaelite Tarot
Lo Scarabeo
Photo by ©Karen Wiederhold






The Pre-Rapahaelite Tarot
Lo Scarabeo
Photo by ©Karen Wiederhold

No comments:

Post a Comment