Friday 1 February 2019

January 2019

Towards the end of last year i'd had all sorts of ideas of how I wanted January to be and well it didn't go quite as expected, but that said the month turned into a most revealing, thought provoking, busy, creative and rewarding collection of days for me.

Even though i'd not written anything on my blog for a month and been very inactive on YouTube and Groups on Facebook (which prompted some people to ask if I was alright - thank you), I was very much alright even if a little bemused at the direction some things were taking.  All this is something that i'll talk about in more detail in a blog post this coming week.  You may need a strong coffee or tea for that one because i'm going to share some prickly observations and thoughts. 


Here are some of the things I have been up to in this first month of 2019 which I shared on Instagram and my Facebook account.    If you don't already follow me on Instagram or Facebook, i'd love you to join me over there too as that's where you'll find me chatting daily.  





A Tradition in the Making
In celebration of the first days of the month I decided to gift a book i'd read and enjoyed, but knew it would be one that i'd probably not reach for again.  Books are meant to have life and share knowledge so the idea of one sitting unused on a shelf is sad. Experiencing the pleasure of passing it along has decided me on continuing to pass on books and perhaps even decks or craft supplies through this year and the years to come - so keep an eye out for that if you're interested. 


31 Days of Tarot Tag

Each year Ethony hosts a tag called the 31 Days of Tarot and for a couple of years i'd thought about taking part and then never quite got my act together in time.  2019 was the year I decided i'd join in - and I did, but only for two weeks in the end but it was still fun.  


Day 1:- 2019 Energy and Major Lesson. I drew these cards as part of my year ahead spread that I do each year. Didn't want to do a separate spread for this challenge day.









Day 2:- Top 5 Decks purchased or received as gifts in 2018 (1 extra sneaked in). The Dark Mansion Tarot and New Choice Tarot are New to me since my birthday two weeks ago and yule














Day 3:- Top 5 Oracle decks purchased or received as gifts in 2018. I'm not a user of oracle decks in the main and own very few oracle decks. I've wanted to have the Green Man Oracle for years but could never find a copy, so was very pleased when it was re-released as The Spirit of Nature Oracle. I'm thoroughly enjoying the book and cards and will be taking it outdoors with me on my walks in the woods. The Angels and Ancestors deck has caught me by surprise emotionally and is one I've been enjoying immensely.

Day 4:- Top 5 books purchased or received as a gift in 2018. All are wonderful in their own right and haven't left my bedside table since they arrived. My nose has been firmly buried inside three of them. The Untold Story is next to be unwrapped and savoured. The Spirit Keeper's Tarot will be a focus of study for this year along with becoming more familiar with Marseille.

Day 5:- The card that stalked me in 2018. The Lovers.



Day 6:- The deck I finally crossed off my wishlist in 2018 was The Bruegel Tarot. It was a deck I wanted to have for readings for my husband as it is one of his favourite artists and one of mine too. 


Day 7:- Most worked with Tarot deck in 2018 and why. This is my most worked with deck in any year because I love it, plain and simple as that.















Day 8: Top decks on my wishlist now.  I missed out on the Fairytale Tarot by a few minutes when they had a small number available in 2018 which was so disappointing.  I also missed out on the Bonestone because I couldn't commit financially at the time.  As for The Venetian Tarot, well i've since heard that its now out of print.  Never mind, if they're meant to be they will be.  






Day 10:- Tarot decks I want to work with more in 2019 are The Celtic Tarot, New Choice, Ancient Italian, Gill, Thoth, Spirit Keeper's and The Daniloff. Of course I will continue using my favourite go-to decks through 2019 which are the Druidcraft and Triple Goddess. Let's not forget my obsession with The Dark Mansion Tarot which means this deck will continue being used through the year too. The decks (except for The Daniloff) on the "use more" list are decks that I will be using for my studies this year. The Daniloff is a treasured deck and one i've been careful about using, so it's not come out of the cupboard very often. This year i'll be using it much more because it is gorgeous. The Celtic Tarot was my first every Tarot deck back in 1995 and as a beginner it totally overwhelmed me. Years on I'm much more comfortable with it and it will form the basis for my deeper study of Marseille decks and pip decks alongside The New Choice and Ancient Italian Tarot. It feels great to spend time with my first love when I get the chance. 

Day 11:- Oracle decks that you want to use more in 2019. I will be spending more time outdoors this year, accompanied with the Spirit of Nature Oracle and the Druid Plant Oracle. Anyone that has seen my photos here on Facebook and Instagram will know i'm frequently out and about in the woods because that is my Healer and Spiritual Safe Place when i'm feeling unwell or out of balance. I've worked with the Druid Plant Oracle for quite a while but the Spirit of Nature is new to me since Yule (after years of yearning for it in its earlier incarnation as The Green Man Oracle). The Chakra Wisdom Oracle cards is a tool i'd like to explore in my work as a Holistic Practitioner. 



Day 15:- Tarot to-go. I published this video a while back and as it happens, it's today's post for #31daysoftarot2019 making it a quick and easy contribution for me today. https://youtu.be/pyY-5pSBE5c 









Spiritual Seasonal experiences.
You may recall I shared a video on You Tube about making this Yule Pentagram/Star from woodland treasures and some branches and foliage gathered from our garden. (See link at the end of this post). It hung in the living room at the fireplace all December and smelled wonderful with the orange and cinnamon essential oils i'd anointed it with. On the arrival of new year it has been taken outside into our garden where it now hangs from a branch in our Rowan tree where it will remain until it falls apart and then I'll return it to the ground. https://youtu.be/cgFMtOH6bDc





Home Comforts

Bedtime hot Ribena in my new mug. Got to love a Lama mug especially when feeling under the weather.




Just the ticket for warming up with after a crisp walk up in the woods. A yummy crumble if I say so myself.

Daily Tarot
That moment when you're so engrossed in a large spread you're suddenly inspired to create, that the mug of tea you were desperate for has gone completely stone cold 











Brightness on a grey winter's day with the Wheel of the Year Tarot.














Creativity Meditation with Crochet and Cross Stitch

Squeeeee 😁. Yarn delivery! Haven't worked on a crochet blanket for about three years. Can't wait to get hooking 😉 Thanks Wool Warehouse for such speedy delivery and great service as always.

For those of you asking which blanket I'm making, after showing my luscious delivery of yarn earlier today, here's the link. Scroll down about halfway through the article to get to the pattern. It's by Knitting and Crochet designer Jane Crowfoot. If you fancy joining me you will find the pattern at http://janeknits.blogspot.com/2016/10/stylecraft-blog-tour-playing-with-colour.html?m=1



As to be expected I couldn't wait to get started, i'm enjoying myself so much.  It's been too long since I last crocheted a blanket.  Of course I wouldn't be me if I didn't swap some of the colours.













A bit more hooking, joining up the motifs as I go. What it has afforded me is quiet contemplation time, allowing my thoughts and ideas about all sorts of things to flow in creative meditation. 











Stitching on The Celtic Fairy by Joan Elliott. I've been working on it for a while with large stretches of time between stitching sessions, sometimes months because I was busy with other projects. It feels good to have her out again while listening to a BBC comedy podcast.



Reading
I've been to the library to pick up these two recommendations and popped by the grocers too. I'm all set for any snow we receive this week (please can we get snow because I love it).

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this intriguing and unusual book.

















Family Time
Lots of woodland walks, drives in the countryside, visiting our youngest at uni and treated ourselves to afternoon tea while we caught up on all the chatter.








No comments:

Post a Comment